I am happy to announce that the calendar for the 2015-2016 school year has been approved so I can share the following dates with you:
* August 1st-14th: Professional Development for staff
* August 17th: First Day of School! (homeschool for full time independent study and T/F cohort, first day on campus for M/Th cohort)
* September 7th: Labor Day, no school
* October 6th and 7th: Student Led Conferences (homeschool day but no school/enrichment)
* October 8th and 9th: Fall Break, no school (This is new! We are going to try giving all of us a short break in October. Do you remember October!?!?!)
* November 11th: Veterans Day, no school
* November 23rd-27th: Thanksgiving, no school
* December 21st-January 8th: Winter break, no school (staff professional development January 4-8)
* January 18th: Martin Luther King Jr Day, no school
* February 12th and 15th: President's Day, no school
* March 1st and 2nd: Student Led Conferences (homeschool day but no school/enrichment)
* March 28th-April 1st: Spring Break, no school
* May 30th: Memorial Day, no school
* June 7th: Last day of school
The Habit of Heart and Mind we will be focusing on in March is the Habit of Perseverance. For this month, we are asking families to send in examples of math problems that they are working on at home.
Math can be difficult for many students and often requires a lot of perseverance. Due to this, we are calling this month "Math Problem March," and are asking families to submit examples of math problems they have been working on at home that serve as an example of perseverance.
We also realize that math in Kindergarten looks different than math in Advanced Algebra, and we think that it would be awesome to have examples of math associated with perseverance throughout all of our grades.
Please email word documents, pdfs or jpgs reflecting math perseverance to me (email@example.com) by Wednesday, March 18th and I will post them on our Habits wall. Thanks for being willing to share the great work you do at home!
Have a great week!