Greetings, DVIA Families!
A Few Words from Our Principal
I am so excited to see all of you at Exhibition this week! Exhibition is a very special event at all of the Da Vinci Schools and we can't wait to open our doors and show you what students have been learning. A few reminders:
- Please make sure your child eats and drinks before Exhibition!
- Don't forget your child's Exhibition attire! Professional/formal clothing required. Thanks!
- Please support all students, not just your own! That means listening to other students' presentation and allowing your child to present to others!
- Please remain engaged during your entire time on campus. We ask visitors to please limit side conversations and avoid sitting down to wait for your child to finish--there's so much to see!
- Don't forget to visit the newest classroom on campus--the Homeschool Collaborative students will be sharing their projects from homeschool. Look for the viking ship and keep going towards their classroom.
- Please use the flyer you'll be handed at the door. It will tell you what's happening in each classroom and give you some questions you could ask students.
- Please do your best to limit cell phone use (except for photos of course!). We want to model being truly present. Thank you!
- Lastly, please remember that Exhibition is all about the students. This is not a night to hold a private conversation with your child's teacher about his/her progress. Thank you!
One last thing--come visit Exhibition at the high schools!
Da Vinci Design and Communications: Wednesday, Nov 16th, 6-8pm
Da Vinci Science: Thursday, Nov 17, 6-8pm
Enjoy your week,
| From Our Dean of Students
I am on maternity leave until we return from Winter Break. I can't wait to hear about the incredible learning and growth that's happening while I'm away!
What You Need to Know This Week!
Mon Nov 14 and Tues Nov 15, 5:00-6:30pm
We are looking forward to sharing our learning with you! Talk to your child's teacher(s) for details and expectations, and see the picture below if you're wondering what your student should wear.
Please be sure your child eats before presenting!
Please note there is no enrichment on Exhibition days so that teachers can prepare campus.
Rita's 5th grade class is studying homelessness and the students wish to hold a backpack drive to raise supplies for Rise High.
Drop off supplies in Rita's room.
Please donate NEW supplies such as:
* Backpacks * Pencils * Pens * Erasers * Pencil case
* Notebooks * Composition books * Binders * Math supplies * Water bottles * Lunch boxes * Tote bags
* Key chains * Art supplies
The RISE kids deserve new supplies.
Wed Nov 16, 9-11 am
Come join us for a FANtastic time together as we reflect on the year and plan upcoming events!
Friday, 11/18 @ 3:20 in Rita's Room:
"Non-Fiction Craft Lessons: Activating prior knowledge, developing good questions and sharpening your lead" (Cores 3-5). Please note that this Friday is the deadline to make up PEC workshops or missed work journal meetings. Thank you!
This Thursday and Friday!
Join me as we discuss chapters 1-3
of Daniel Pink's A Whole New Mind
. Copies are available in the front office for $12.
I "Heart" DVIA T-Shirts Have Arrived!
If you purchased an I "Heart" DVIA t-shirt please stop by the front office for pickup! Unfortunately, we still have not received polos, fleeces, or sweatshirts. We will notify you as soon as the rest of the apparel arrives.
Da Vinci Science 1st Annual Holiday Boutique
Sat Nov 19, 12-5pm
Come get some shopping in while supporting our schools. There will also be a craft room with Santa for kids while you shop. More info is on the flyer at right.
Please check the lost and found!
It's located just inside the chalkboard door between the Core 1 and adult bathroom. There are so many jackets and water bottles hoping to come home. We will donate all unclaimed items during Thanksgiving Break so please come rescue your lost items!
It's not too late to join the UCLA Anxiety Study! Students 10-17 are eligible to participate and in addition to the benefits of the study, students are contributing to scientific research and can earn a stipend. Contact Dr. Michelle Rozenman for more information: MRozenman@mednet.ucla.edu
or call (310) 794-2215
Last Day of Fall Enrichment Classes
Nov 18Save the Date!
No school, no homeschool, no enrichment.
Tues Nov 29, 6:30pm
Through poignant, and unexpectedly funny stories, along with surprising insights from authors, psychologists, and brain scientists, Screenagers
reveals how tech time impacts kids' development and also offers solutions on how adults can empower their kids to best navigate the digital world to find balance. Screenagers
addresses this pervasive parenting issue head on -depicting teen struggles over social media, video games and internet addiction. The film empowers kids to best navigate the digital world and provides practical resources to help them do it. RUHS is hosting this free event for teens and parents.
More information is available here
. RSVP required.
|Did You Know...
...the Parent Resource Website was recently revamped? Did you hear about it at PEC but haven't checked it out yet? Go take a look, and see what it has to offer you!
Have a great week!
~ Your DVIA Team