Go to the Parent Center – Schedule page to book an appointment with Theresa.
“The Parent Center @ DV Connect,” is open to DV Connect families and is run by Theresa Leone, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you want to sip a cup of coffee while perusing resources, lesson plan with fellow parents, attend a workshop, or pick Theresa’s brain for teaching strategies–be sure to check out our Parent Center !
Theresa is available in The Parent Center @ DV Connect to support families in all aspects of homeschooling as they build even more robust educator toolkits.
What appeals most to Theresa about Da Vinci Connect is the absolute commitment all stakeholders have to educating the whole child–academics, creativity, problem-solving and social-emotional development all get equal billing. A South Bay native, Theresa earned her B.A. in Psychology at UC Santa Barbara, her Multiple Subject teaching credential at CSU Dominguez Hills, and completed her Master’s Degree in Educational Administration and Supervision at the University of Phoenix.
When she is not in the classroom, she and her family are traveling the globe and studying French. Theresa’s secret wish is to be a published author!
How do I visit The Parent Center?
Please check the Parent Center calendar* the morning that you want to attend (to make sure the space can accommodate your needs that day).
Come through the front office and check-in.
Head over to The Parent Center!
*The Parent Center @ DV Connect calendar is a “living” calendar found on this site under The Parent Center – Schedule. Please check it regularly for updates and changes.
What to Know Prior to Your VisitWhat is in the Parent Center?
- Books on a range of topics (CGI, Number Talks, Reading Strategies, Writing Ideas, Science Plans, etc)
- Parents – this is a great spot to ask questions & collaborate with other parents (veterans families and new ones!)
- Space to sip on coffee as your peruse the books or make copies of ideas you can easily implement in your homeschool day
- Space to sit and work as you wait for your kiddo
- Space to work on your laptop and fill out the WORK JOURNAL!
What is the Reading Lounge?
- Visit The ReadBox : Kids can make a plan to bring $1 and buy a book to keep
- The Reading Lounge : Students may check out books and Read quietly during their lunch or body break
*Please keep this in mind when planning your events- that students will be sharing the space at times.
What is the Parent Educator Spotlight?
Veteran Parents – Do you have wisdom that you can share with our community? Please reach out to Theresa if you are interested in sharing your expertise with others.
Food & Drink Policy
Be aware that we have pesky ants and a sneaky squirrel that like to visit. Please be mindful of this when you use the room.
How to Schedule Time with Theresa?
Book an appointment with Theresa!
Each Month, Theresa will be posting her meeting time availabilities on Sign-Up Genius (SUG). Sign-up for a 15/20 minute slot, give her a little background of what you want to target at the meeting, and head over to The Parent Center.